As many domain buyer know, this weekend through November 4th is the TRAFFIC extended online auction for domains. As usual, we have a few of our elite stash in the auction and hope you'll participate. This is the first time we have ever listed any of the names below for sale, so if you are interested in purchasing them this might be your only chance.
- Common term for recorded Music Tracks to accompany a solo artist - much like Karaoke
- Exact term match for "Accompaniment Tracks" on Google is over 6,000 per month with $1 max bid and heavy ad competition. At least 10 advertisers appear in a minimum search results page.
- No other domains with 'accompaniment' in the domain name appear in the SERPS so this is an ideal place to develop your own site for Accompaniment Tracks.
- Commonly associated with Automated Blog Software (Auto content generation) or Automated Forex and Software Testing
- Average Cost per Click near $4.
- Over 40,000 broad search matches on Google, Wordtracker total broad searches at 180
- Over 12,000 global monthly searches for the exact phrase and $1 max bid.
- Exact Wordtracker term match at 43 with 147 total searches, including 'double decker bus for sale' and 'new london double decker bus'.
- The most common way of getting around in London by bus, and more common in the US in the past year as "greener" buses are all the rage.
- We began development of Mobile Web Browser last week but if no one buys it at auction we will continue development. We can include the current site in the sale if the buyer reaches out to us in advance.
- Trend graph for the search term Mobile Web Browser on Google Insights for Search shows heavy upward movement and news coverage.
- Wordtracker score of 86 for the exact term, and 247 for a broad match, including "free mobile web browser" and "mobile web browsers".
If you have any questions about the above sales, please contact us directly.
As a brandable, you could hardly do better at directly targeting an audience dealing directly with information on website building, content, SEO and more. MrWebmaster.com offers professionals the perfect place to sell their services directly , or team up with affiliates to sell the services of others.
How much is Mr Webmaster worth on the open market? Take a look at these past auctions:
The MrWebmaster.com auction ends Thursday. Put it on your watchlist and get ready to bid!
Thursday, 17 September 2009 16:18
This afternoon at 3 PM EST, Xoxide.com closed on Sedo at $76,000 to as of yet unknown bidder. For most, this number would represent a large sum for a brandable domain, but Xoxide is much more.
Xoxide's former owner asserts that the domain receives 200k uniques monthly, and grosses 2.4 million per year. Since proof is not provided in the form of IRS statements or financials of any kind, domainers who would like to bid on this domain are forced to use the tools available to them to create an evaluation.
As posted on Namepros yesterday, our methods for buying traffic without getting a firsthand look at the statistics force us to use the estimates provided by common traffic providers. The most prominent of these are Alexa, Compete and Quantcast. Alexa provides Global statistics on traffic and keywords. Quantcast and Compete provide US traffic and keywords as well as demographic analysis.
First, looking at Alexa's stats, we see that Xoxide has been averaging a 40k rank, with primary search terms of "computer cases", "computer case" and a myriad of other tech items. When searching on Google we see that we have #1 rank for several of these terms with heavy ad competition (over 200 advertisers for computer cases). Users typically view about 5 pages, which is about average for a tech products targeted site, and bounce is about 40% which is a bit high, but this might be accounted for by users clicking "add to cart" which redirects to order.store.yahoo.net/xoxide. Alexa also shows us that the majority of the traffic to the site is US Visitors, about 80%. We can now use this formula to calculate the net result of traffic with the other providers.
Compete's data for Xoxide shows about 45k monthly visitors, Quantcast about 25k monthly. Taking the average of these two we could say that Xoxide gets about 35k monthly US visitors, and with Alexa displaying US traffic at 80% of total, this would put traffic around 40k total worldwide.
So now we have determined within some reasonable measure, what the total traffic to the site is on an average monthly basis over the past 3 months. This is probably the most complete methodology we can use without seeing the raw data. While each one of these sites we have used could potentially be incorrect, by putting all three together and averaging them out we can say we are at least close to the final number.
Since our search terms all match, we can try to guess what this traffic is worth. Adwords bids for computer cases are near the $2 mark, and payout would probably be about $0.40 per click if done properly with Adsense, Chitika, Clickbank etc. Click Through Rate (CTR), should be at least 10% since we are directly relevant to our content, and with 40k users that's about 10,000 clicks at .40 cents, or net $4,000 per month as a lowball sum.
Provided Xoxide was at least a break-even business model, those clicks are worth their full bids, so I would at least triple the lowball guaranteed ad revenue we just laid out. This would put earnings at between $10k and $15k per month, or $125k per year and up. I believe that to a direct resell computer case manufacturer this would be worth at least 5 year's earnings, due to the solid ranking at the top of the list. Anyone who purchased this will hopefully start making phone calls to some smart corporations and get this in someone's pockets for a cool 750k or more.